We offer flexible work location options, from fully remote to in-office, or a hybrid arrangement; your preference is part of the decision. We also offer autonomy (with clarity of role and responsibility), client contact, and the opportunity to build and refine your litigation and professional skills. No book of business or Practice Development hours needed.
The Glennon Law Firm, P.C. is an award-winning boutique litigation firm focused on helping clients resolve their business and private legal disputes. We are the only litigation firm that strategically guides hard working professionals, executives, businesses, and business owners throughout Upstate and Western New York through a legal dispute to achieve resolution that fits their business, professional, and/or personal goals so they can keep control over what they have earned, especially when litigation distracts them from what they should be focusing on.
We practice only litigation with a focus on business and employment disputes, but also handle private matters for our clients, such as trust & estate litigation and high-asset matrimonial divorces (not family law). Essentially, we litigate complex financial assets. Our growing firm is seeking smart and skilled litigators to join our team.
We value our team members and offer*:
- Investment in you and your future
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- HSA/FSA/Dependent Care Accounts
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Potential
- CLE paid
- Bar license paid
- Technology Allowance
- Possible Hiring Bonus in certain situations
*Waiting period applies; subject to Firm Policies; subject to change without notice.
We’re not your typical firm, as you may have noted at the beginning of this posting. We provide autonomy with clarity within a supportive team environment. We believe in investing in and developing individuals both personally and professionally. We send our team members to actual skill training programs, not just run-of-the-mill CLEs. We have a culture that believes that we should spend quality time at work and quantity of time with personal interest and family and friends. We all believe in getting the job done, done well, and done correctly. We follow systems, processes, and procedures to achieve our clients' goals. We also invest heavily in technology, providing flexibility to work from anywhere and to make your work easier. Our team members are knowledge workers and we support them with the tools they need to be successful.
Most law firms want associates to just do the work. We want associates to learn how to do the work properly and develop into lead attorneys handling cases.
Our ideal candidate:
- must be licensed to practice law in New York;
- has 3 or more years of experience with litigation in New York State courts and/or Federal courts;
- possesses strong research and writing skills -- but also is not afraid of a courtroom or an opposing counsel;
- enjoys depositions and court conferences;
- is intelligent, independent, takes initiative, and is mature;
- is positive, optimistic, and outgoing;
- possesses strong communication skills and people skills;
- understands what strategy is and how to use it;
- is tech savvy; and
- has exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with commercial/business litigation or employment litigation is helpful, but not necessary. We train.
- Experience with high-asset matrimonial divorces or Trust & Estate litigations is helpful, but not necessary. We train.
- Candidates who have prior law clerk experience are encouraged to apply.
Duties in this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare Issue/Claims Memos, issue spotting, research claims and defenses.
- Draft pleadings.
- Outline and prepare discovery requests.
- Outline and prepare discovery responses.
- Review client discovery, opposing party, and third-party discovery.
- Research, draft, and prepare and/or defend discovery motions.
- Research and draft memos regarding evidentiary issues and in limine motions.
- Prepare all facets of Motions to Dismiss.
- Prepare all facets of Summary judgment Motions.
- If not already possessed, the ability to grow to handle cases from start to finish, including trials and appeals.
Our compensation plans tend to be above average and are commensurate with experience.
To apply for this exceptional opportunity, please submit a detailed resume, transcript, writing sample, and cover letter indicating the reason or reasons that you are interested in our position and why you believe you would be a good fit for the position.