Employer Retaliation in New York
Rochester Employee Rights Defense Firm
What exactly is employer retaliation and when is it illegal? The award-winning Rochester employment lawyers at The Glennon Law Firm, P.C. have helped many clients facing unlawful cases of employer retaliation. State and federal laws prohibit employers from taking adverse action against employees who have participated in "protected activity."
Protected activities include:
- Pursuing deserved benefits
- Complaining about unlawful discrimination or harassment in the workplace
- Filing a discrimination or harassment claim against the employer
- Filing a Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) claim against the employer
- "Whistleblowing" or alerting authorities to illegal conduct on the part of the employer
- Forming or joining a labor union or attending union events
- Refusing to join or resigning from a labor union
Prohibited acts of retaliation on the part of the employer can include the following:
- Refusal to hire
- Denial of promotion
- Unfounded derogative evaluations or references
- Heightened scrutiny
- Reduced compensation
If you are the victim of employer retaliation, it is crucial for you to pursue the legal defense and advocacy that you deserve. You should not be penalized, threatened, or held back because you did the right thing or because of illegal discrimination on the part of your employer. The seasoned legal professionals at The Glennon Law Firm, P.C. have helped many clients in situations like yours. Whether in negotiations, administrative agency fact-finding conferences or hearings, arbitration, mediation, or in the court room, our litigators are ready to serve you. Don't hesitate to pursue the strong and informed representation that you need to protect your interests, your future, your finances, your family, and your career.
Call Now to Schedule Your Case Evaluation in Rochester, New York!
Our lawyers are award-winning employee rights attorneys who have focused experience in employment and workplace law. We understand the federal and New York state laws that pertain to your situation and we have the skill and legal background to ensure that your side of the story is heard and your interests are promoted.
Why hesitate? Call The Glennon Law Firm, P.C. at (585) 294-0303 today for the tenacious advocacy that you deserve.